Spring has drawn to a close, the excitement of new growth and greenery is giving way to watering anxiety. We get a lot of questions about keeping gardens thriving through summer. It can sometimes seem like a full time job, but it doesn’t have to be! Here are some of the things we do for our clients to help them with their landscaping maintenance through the season, follow along for some tips on caring for your own garden!
- Applying soil wetting agents to improve moisture levels between watering cycles.
- Trimming hedges and plants lightly to ensure strong growth without burning the tips
- Checking moisture levels and adjusting irrigation settings according to a garden’s needs.
- Introducing shade where necessary. If you’re worried some of your plants are suffering in direct sun, you can make some efforts to shade them, or if they’re in pots, move them!
- Carefully maintaining new plantings. If you’ve got seedlings or plants that aren’t quite established, take extra care to keep them damp.
- Mulching! Strategically laying down mulch is a great way to keep root systems cool and prevent water evaporation, you may find that mulching saves you time maintaining your garden in the long run.
If you’re not up to it, don’t forget you can always give us a call and we’ll take care of it for you!